Techniche Global are working with an engineering company to appoint a Service Engineer. You will provide a multi-skilled support service to all customers. This position requires significant field work to carryout maintenance, fault finding & commissioning works at various locations world-wide, sometimes at short notice.
- Undertake site visits to conduct installation and commissioning work, site surveys, system health checks and rectification of system faults including hardware (electrical circuit wiring) and software.
- Be responsible for procurement/planning of any tools or materials that are required to complete a site visit
- Whilst in the office, be the first point of contact for external customers responding professionally in both the spoken and written word to achieve the right solution for all parties. Further develop and maintain these customer relationships, providing regular reports and feedback on their service requests
- Evaluating problems to provide technical support solutions (some out of normal working hours support may be necessary)
- Be responsible for the creation of documentation, e.g. test manuals, method statements etc.
- Perform and/or supervise the configuration of PLC’s, Flow Computers and HMI/SCADA systems
- Set up servers and peripherals for bench testing or new deployments
- Liaise with and work alongside all internal customers in order to identify and resolve problems whilst understanding and maintaining external customer priority
- At times this role will also be seconded to the projects team to lead or assist in the development or testing of system software or hardware.
- There may also be a requirement to interact with the Company’s sales and marketing personnel to provide technical support to proposals/bids and customer demonstrations / presentations.
- Whilst in the office prepare service-related sales quotations
- Attending design reviews and team design meetings as required by the quality procedures
- Update the Maintenance Support Database with the current status of support issues and follow up progress with the customer
- Create, deliver and evaluate training to both internal and external customers
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment in promoting compliance with company quality and HS&E procedures
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Higher Certificate or equivalent experience in Control engineering or related discipline
- Good electrical fault-finding experience
- Good software configuration experience (e.g. PLCs / HMIs or similar);
- Experience working in the petrochemical industry with a good understanding of instrumentation and flow measurement principles would be advantageous in this role.
- A working knowledge of network administration alongside software programming e.g. C/C++/SQL/Java would be advantageous in this role.
- Multidiscipline experience, i.e. a ‘control’ engineer with both software and hardware design and debug experience is also preferable