Role : Production Manager – direct reports: Production Supervisors
Hrs: Full-time, working Mon-Thu 8:30am-5pm and Fri 8:30am-3:30pm
Reporting to: Operations Director
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Production Manager to work with a growing manufacturing company in the north of Hampshire. You will be responsible for the manufacturing process ensuring production lines are running smoothly and efficiently to maximise output, whilst managing a production team.
- Establish strong working relations with reporting staff to coach, motivate, promote progression and encourage a sound team work ethos through effective communication.
- Working closely with the Head of Operations, Process Engineer, the Planning and Commercial teams (amongst others) to effectively plan and deploy available resources
- Follow and enforce company procedures and policies
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of people, employee participation and processes in conjunction with the Process Engineer
- Prioritise work load effectively for dissemination to supervisor and line leads
- Develop the supervisory team and ensure that at all levels there is appropriate balance of skills to meet current and future demands
- Recruitment and selection of your teams
- Be aware of delivery priorities, operational and financial
- Lead teams to strive for exceptional quality and on time delivery and the monitoring thereof
- Ensure that equipment is fit for purpose and is correctly stored reporting any issues to Maintenance
- Carry out appraisals and setting of objectives
- Deployment of training and development of teams through clearly defined and measurable objectives
- Produce meaningful and accurate key metrics to judge performance and bring about change to meet targets.
- Formal education to HNC level or equivalent in electronics/engineering
- Direct experience in PCB/electronics manufacturing
- Demonstrable success in management in a production environment
- Experience of performing in busy and rapidly changing arena