A unique opportunity to join an industry leading Transmission Design Consultancy as Engineering Manager.
You will assume technical leadership and management responsibility for major projects across Powertrain and Transmissions utilising your expertise to take responsibility for major projects.
The role will be based in the West Midlands with some remote working available
- Support and mentoring engineers, ensuring they are developing skills and capabilities whilst using the most appropriate methods
- Act as the technical expert for Powertrain/Transmission applications to the Tier 1 and Automotive OEM industry
- Oversee projects acting as Project Manager and key customer contact
- Assess user requirements and undertake technical feasibility assessments
- Generate and maintain relationships with customers at an appropriate level
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with peers, business development and technical leaders
- Collaborate with the business development teams to develop and hunt discover new opportunities and technical innovations in the sector.
- Leadership of large and/or multi-disciplinary projects
- Engineering experience in Powertrain and Transmission Systems relevant to a technical consulting or engineering services environment
- Experience in the Design, Test and Application Development of powertrain, transmissions and drivelines
- Knowledge of automotive hybrid/electric vehicle systems