Working on a prestigious Marine/Naval shipbuild project, as CAD technician, you can be employed on a broad range of design activities across various discipline groups, including Structural, Mechanical and Electrical.
This is a remote based role on an initial 3-6 months contract with a top pay rate of £30/hour Umbrella (Inside IR35).
- Support Engineers, Designers, and Project Management representatives. Depending on the task or project you will generally work under the supervision of a CAD Lead, Designer, Senior Designer or Engineer
- Preparation/production/amendment of drawings throughout design lifecycle in line with recognised ISO standards to the required time, cost and quality requirements.
- Ensure task and project risks are communicated appropriately.
- Perform self-verification of own work in accordance with Project Guidance
- Preparation, production and maintenance of project documentation as required by the design lifecycle.
- Production and maintenance of ‘Modelled Parts’ and creation of Parts Libraries
- The role requires a good understanding of drawing practices and must be able to demonstrate appropriate CAD competencies as well as good written and verbal communications.
- Recognised CAD training and/or qualification and demonstrable experience in appropriate software packages. For example; Autodesk suite/products (including AutoCAD, Inventor, Plant 3D), Hexagon PPM (including Smart 3D), FORAN, Aveva Packages and ShipConstructor,
- An understanding of procedures and requirements relating to Design, Health/Safety and Environmental, as well as Quality requirements.
- IT literate (Microsoft office suite, PDM systems).
The role will require you to undertake security checks prior to start. Current security clearance is not required for application.
All IT hardware will be supplied to ensure you are given the tools required to fulfil the role.