Techniche Global are working with a larger manufacturer based in Peterborough, to appoint a Buyer. You will manage a commodity group of products including sourcing of materials, negotiation and management of commercial contracts to enable the Company to run its supply chain function to meet its goals and objectives. You will work closely with the other areas of the business covering both direct and indirect categories as well as support the purchasing function across production.
- Develop and maintain commodity strategies for a specific range of commodities, ensuring the company is kept up to date on market place commercial and technical developments, as well as potential suppliers. Collaboration with other areas of the business on maintaining commodity strategies which meet the short and long term aims of the business.
- Evaluate cost data and quotation analysis forms and identify cost saving opportunities. Quickly assimilate supplier and our own company processes in order to positively impact Procurement performance.
- Confidently enter into total cost and contractual negotiations with current and potential suppliers.
- Understand and apply tools and techniques to close cost gaps and achieve value for money whilst maintaining supplier relationships.
- Manage supplier performance through vessel launch and regular build, ensuring that Quality, Cost and Delivery performance is maintained at high levels. In addition, provide enthusiasm and passion for driving continuous improvement in these metrics.
- Provide Procurement/commercial input into cross-functional teams that effectively contributes to the organisation’s programme goals by applying a confident approach to teamwork.
- Understand and support the quality department in achieving full Quality Approval
- Constantly strive for process improvement opportunities internally, as well as with the Supplier base, focusing on business ‘Best Practice’ initiatives.
- Identify supplier risk and develop robust risk mitigation strategies where necessary.
- Lead and promote good supplier relationships.
- Play an instrumental role in enabling the function to achieve its business objectives, through meeting or ideally exceeding defined objectives.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by your line manager.
- Educated to Degree level ideally
- CIPS qualified (preferred)
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience of working as a buyer in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of negotiating with suppliers
- Excel – Intermediate level with the ability to analyse data
- Experience using ERP/MRP systems (Syteline/INFOR preferred)
- Excellent communication skills with results driven attitude
- Ability to work under pressure