Senior Engineer – Safety & Environmental
Techniche Global are supporting an engineering defence contractor to appoint a Senior Safety and Environmental Engineer. You will provide professional safety and environmental engineering support to surface ship, submarine and commercial projects.
Rate: £65p/hr UMB
Duration: 10 months
The Senior Safety Engineer is required to have an extensive engineering background in a relevant discipline and experience of safety and environmental assessment/management processes that is specifically directed towards systems or product safety and environmental assessment.
Key Technical Skills and Experience:
This is not a Health & Safety or SHEF type role, it requires an extensive engineering background in a relevant field. Also required:
- A working knowledge of MOD Health Safety and Environmental Protection (HS&EP) Policy and regulations including the Acquisition Safety and Environmental Management Systems (ASEMS) (POSMS & POEMS) and the Defence Safety Authority (DSA) Policy and Defence Domain specific Regulations (particularly the Defence Maritime Regulator (DMR);
- A working knowledge of applicable Defence Standards and Joint Service Publications (JSPs) such as 00-056 (Safety Management Requirements for Defence Systems) and JSP 418 (Management of Environmental Protection in Defence);
- Authoring of Technical Reports;
- Chairmanship and recording of Technical meetings;
- Experience of constructing a safety argument via the Goal Structured Notation, /Claims/Argument/Evidence techniques;
- Experience of facilitating/undertaking Hazard Identification and Assessment exercises
- Good knowledge of Naval Engineering in RN ships and/or submarines would be advantageous;
- Experienced in multidisciplinary engineering environment;
- Knowledge of environmental issues & legislation would be an advantage;
- Good presentational, written, analytical and IT skills.