Principal Safety Engineer
Techniche Global are supporting an engineering defence contractor to appoint Principal Safety Engineer. You will report to the MIP Head of Nuclear Safety (HoNS) and provide the focal point for probabilistic assessment best practice within MIP (Major Infrastructure Projects) and alignment with corporate policy.
Rate: £65p/hr UMB
Location: Plymouth – regular site attendance required
Duration: 6 months+
- Provide expert advice on probabilistic processes and tools appropriate for use within MIP safety cases
- Ensure alignment with and where necessary clarify Babcock policy
- Brief project teams and guide compliance with policy
- Support individual MIP project strategy and plan development and advise MIP HoNS on approval.
- Liaise with the wider client community of practice to co-ordinate policy compliance and manage common technical issues.
- Support Governance through the verification of probabilistic safety assessments and advice to ensure acceptability to internal and external regulators.
- Support project engagement with internal and external regulators.
- Drive continuous improvement in proportionate probabilistic techniques and assessments.
- An excellent understanding of industry standards and expectations for probabilistic assessments and the appropriate success criteria
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice and principles as relevant to major nuclear infrastructure projects
- Experience in complex PSA planning, implementation and support through regulatory approvals.
- Comprehensive editorial and briefing skills, with ability to analyse, summarise and present in a highly effective manner
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
You must be a Chartered Engineer and will hold a degree in a STEM discipline.