Media Relations Specialist
Techniche Global are supporting a Demand Generation Marketing Agency to appoint a Media Relations Specialist to join their PR & Comms team. Our client has a portfolio of B2B clients in busy emerging sectors such as Technology, Telecoms, Computer Software, and IT Services and a background in the tech industry will be essential for this role.
You will play a pivotal role in getting their clients’ brand and message out there within the specialist IT/tech trade publications, as well as looking for opportunities to engage within the broader business audience in more mainstream or business publications.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the team to lead the strategic direction of our client accounts to help them achieve their objectives
- Providing expert counsel to our clients and partnering with them to craft narratives fit for business and mainstream media that will elevate their brand beyond the IT trade publications
- The constant and consistent generation of proactive ideas or occasions to draw media attention, pitching ideas to the client and executing those campaigns
- Proactively pitching news to a variety of media including business and mainstream media, channel, vertical, regional and specialty media outlets
- Building relationships with new media contacts, while maintaining strong relationships with existing, to generate awareness of clients’ products and services, via thought leadership, case studies, press releases or media summaries
- Working with the wider team of account managers empowering them to help you execute these activities, whilst providing feedback to help with their learning and development
- Seeking opportunities to grow the account in terms of up/cross-selling and working with the team to pitch these and secure additional revenue for the agency
- Tracking and analysing media coverage to inform future campaigns
- Measuring the impact of our PR programmes, via regular reporting
- Scheduling and preparing key clients for press interviews, including delivering media training where necessary
- Taking a problem-solving attitude and understanding the pressure that clients are facing, approaching every day with a solution-based attitude
The type of person and skills we’re looking for:
- The candidate must have strong experience in the world of B2B tech PR with strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of the technology media landscape, ideally with an existing network of contacts
- A pro-active, hungry individual who is always on the hunt for the next angle to position our clients
- A strong relationship builder, able to quickly build trust with clients and media targets to get the results we need
- Someone who is knowledgeable and passionate about each client’s business, not afraid to jump into their highly technical world
- The understanding of what success means to individual clients, then delivering on those results
The is a home based role, their head office is in Reading.