Maintenance Planning Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Planning Engineer who will support an engineering company based in Faslane. You will be responsible for coordinating the materials required for planned maintenance and reactive tasks ensuring that materials are technically fit for purpose, of the required quality, and obtained in a timely and cost-effective manner. This is an initial 6-month contract with the possibility of extension. The role is inside IR-35.
- Liaising with all relevant stakeholders required to ensure correct identification of Parts including Material Planners, Engineering Specialists, Technical Authors, Technical Information Library, and possibly Original Equipment Manufacturers.
- Categorising parts as either Planned Maintenance or Reactive Maintenance Parts; this will determine if to be held as Inventory Parts or Non-Inventory Parts.
- Ensuring that all tasks are carried out in accordance with the Company’s cost, time, and quality requirements.
Knowledge of the following is required:
- Enterprise Resource Planning.
- Material planning procedures and processes.
- Maintenance management.
- MoD Logistics processes and procedures (ISIS, BR320, WITS, and CRISP)
- Business Processes (HR, Finance, Commercial).
- Procurement processes.
- Planning and Project management.
- Process Improvement techniques.
- Business Applications.
This role will be subject to security checks prior to the start.