Lifting Equipment Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity for a Lifting Equipment Engineer who will support an engineering company based in Faslane. You will be responsible for facilitating the continued safe & compliant state of all lifting equipment. This is an initial 6-month contract with the possibility of extension. The role is inside IR-35.
- Provide specialist engineering support as required on all new & existing lifting appliances and equipment.
- Support statutory examination of lifting appliances of ashore and afloat locations at HMNB Clyde.
- Production of thorough Examination Reports, for all lifting appliances and equipment.
- Works alongside the statutory test delivery coordinator to facilitate examination of Lifting equipment & accessories.
- Assist the Principal Compliance Engineer in maximising the utilisation of all the section’s resources.
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out in accordance with the Company’s cost, time, and quality requirements.
- Support statutory examination of lifting appliances of ashore and afloat locations.
Knowledge of the following:
- Mechanical systems and equipment.
- Lifting Appliances and Equipment
- Safe Systems of Work, including a wide range of Regulatory and Legislative documentation.
- Maintenance management.
- Risk assessments.
- Business Processes (HR, Finance Commercial).
- Planning and Project management.
- Process Improvement techniques.