Control Systems Engineer – Proposals
Techniche Global are working with an engineering technology company to appoint a Control Systems Engineer – Proposals. You will be an experienced Control Systems Engineer who has some exposure to commercial agreements, proposals or tenders. The position will be to pick up with the design and engineering consultants who are outlining and specifying new installations and services to customers across all industry sectors. This role will be assisting with the engineering specification, but also outlining the commercial proposal related to the system solution.
Overall purpose of the job:
- Own the complete proposal process from initial contact through to contract signing and handover to the delivery teams.
- Responsible for bidding for industrial automation and operational services, including machine upgrades and migrations, operational networks, infrastructure and security, Contracts for asset management and repairs, training, and other services.
- Responsible for establishing or validating and endorsing technical solutions for industrial automation and operational services, including machine upgrades and migrations.
- Analyse project inputs to prepare time, cost, materials, and labour estimates.
- Prepare technical and commercial quotations to meet the needs of the customer and be compliant with our internal policies, financial goals and expectations.
- Demonstrate the ability to expand the scope of services requested by incorporating the full portfolio of offerings.
- Provide regular feedback on activity status to the assigned Sales Account Manager, Business Unit Leads and Management.
- Comply with the Quality Management System.
- Typically 5 or more years’ experience in either Field Based Engineering role or Previous Proposal Experience in an Industrial Automation environment.
- Demonstrated ability to positively interact with both internal and external customers
- Has demonstrated experience of working in a high pressure environment whilst being able to keep focus on the end goal.
- Creative thinker who uses initiative and drives process improvements
- Have a Batchelor degree in Engineering or equivalent engineering experience
- Strong broad automation background
- Proven skills in defining automation solutions and costing for technical projects
- Commercial flair to support Sales in winning proposed projects
- Fluent in English (verbal and written) are a pre-requisite