Connected Car Engineer
The Connected Car Engineer will join a leading Automotive manufacturer supporting New Model and current Vehicle projects.
This is a 12 month rolling contract with excellent prospects for further extension.
Roles are available PAYE only, with 26 days holiday accrual (plus 8 BH). If you are a seasoned contractor, we can also pay your holiday accrual on a weekly basis.
- Feature Owner Design reviews for Remote Commands – Onboard
- Coordinate Test plan to support Quality achievement of new SW releases
- Implementation of on-board telematics systems
- Generate and release Configuration data
- Managing Tier 1 suppliers to deliver products to Quality, Cost & Timing targets.
- Coordination of in house and supplier validation of TCU to design standards ahead of new SW releases
- Collaboration with Off Board Connected Car team, test teams (both on board and off board) and customer orientated engineering team to confirm system performance for remote commands
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to ensure technical solution supports business objectives & with purchasing team to support sourcing and cost definition/reduction tasks.
- Collaborate with related engineering sections to ensure all system components are packaged and connected correctly to meet all system design and regulation requirements.
- Status reporting to management at all levels.
- Understanding and experience of telematics system developments or similar
- Have relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic development, over years or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience on a major development program, e.g. in aerospace, telecoms or similar.
- Have experience of managing Tier 1 suppliers in the development of a complex electronic product.
- Have good communication skills and be able to communicate effectively in a cross cultural and cross functional team.