Techniche Global are working with an engineering company based in Malton, to appoint a part time Bookkeeper. This will be to work onsite 6-7 days per month.
You will be responsible for ensuring the financial records are fully maintained and updated for auditing purposes and in order to facilitate the process of filing annual account statements and reports.
- Keeping accurate financial records, processing income, receipts and payments.
- Ensuring there is a clear record of all the financial transactions in accordance with the Company’s and tax authority requirements.
- Preparing statements which note the Company’s incomings and outgoings.
- Checking and verifying bank transactions.
- Assisting in the preparation of final accounts. This will include profit and loss account and balance sheets.
- Maintaining accounting ledger systems.
- Conducting a monthly reconciliation of every bank account.
- Providing information to the external accountants who create the Company’s financial statements.
- Assembling information for external auditors.
- Maintaining an orderly accounting filing system.
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment in promoting compliance with company quality and HS&E procedures.
- A prior working knowledge of a small to medium sized Company accounts and financial activities are essential
- As is a basic level qualification either academic or vocational is required
- A working knowledge of the Sage accounts package would also be essential
- Excellent computer and numerical skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Sage.
- A methodical approach to records keeping and reporting.
- Well organized and methodical with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to demonstrate a huge amount of accuracy and diligence
- You must be confident and self-assured so as to establish relations and networks with people both inside and outside the organization.
- You must be personable, extremely professional and in possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be pro – active in your approach to tasks and activities as identification of anomalies will on occasion be essential.